Jesmond House, Bourton Road, Clanfield,
Bampton, Oxfordshire, OX18 2PB
4 Reception Rooms
Mains water and electricity
Oil fired central heating
Underfloor heating on ground and first floor
A superb family home in a fantastic village.
Built in 2011 to an incredibly high standard by the current owners, Jesmond House is located on the edge of the popular village of Clanfield. The attention to detail is second to none and it is rare that we see properties finished to such a high standard. Flooded with natural light, thanks to the large glazed areas, Jesmond House has space, height and light in abundance.
The accommodation throughout is generous and the numerous reception rooms allow a real flexibility, including ample space for a study/home office, studio or children’s playroom. The property has a warm and inviting feel and is perfectly suited to modern day living.
• The show stopping, open plan kitchen/breakfast room/dining room is very much the heart of the home and is not only superb for those who are keen on cooking but it offers a perfect space to dine and entertain.
• The stylish, bespoke kitchen/breakfast room is of the highest quality and includes integrated appliances from top brands as well as an Aga.
• The owner has a real design flair and an eye for detail, the result being this much loved home.
• Bi-folding doors open onto a terrace, creating a seamless link between the inside and out. The terrace is a wonderful space for those who enjoy outside dining and entertaining.
• The accommodation flows well and offers a great deal of versatility, there is an office on the ground floor, perfect for those who have a requirement to work from home.
• The four bedroom, three bath/shower room (of which two are en suite) layout on the first floor makes for comfortable family living. Much like the ground floor, the quality of craftmanship and attention to detail is evident throughout with each bedroom and bath/shower room very much having their own individual feel.
• Planning permission was granted in 2020 for a single storey extension to the side of the property. Further details can be obtained from the agent or on council website.
• As well as the large driveway, there is a carport/store that provides further parking and space for storage.
• The garden , mostly laid to lawn, they are interspersed with a variety of trees and shrubs as well as well-established flower beds. There is a pretty yew tree avenue that draws the eye to a water feature.
Clanfield is an attractive village, surrounded by pretty Oxfordshire countryside. A stream runs through the village beside the road, spanned in places by stone bridges. A path beside the stream passes under weeping willow trees as it links the two small village greens. Clanfield is home to The Double Red Duke, a picturesque, 16th-century hotel and pub which is stylish yet informal with its cosy log fires, good food using local produce, and a garden with terrace for al fresco dining.
The ancient market town of Bampton lies just south of the Cotswolds. Until about 1850, it stood in the centre of a large area of common land, hence its previous name of 'Bampton in the Bush'. Bampton is sometimes described as a town, because it used to be a market town until the 19th century. It is now officially designated a village but has both Town and Village Halls.
There are a number of state and private schools in the area, most notably; St Hugh’s and Pinewood to name just two.
Road communications are fantastic to the A40 which in turn provides access the M40 to London, and the M5 to the west.
Download our PDF brochure for more information about this property and use our 360 VR tour exprience
Discover more about a property
or arrange a viewing
Request a free property evaluation
from The Country House Department