Snelsmore Farmhouse, Snelsmore
Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 3BU
3 Reception Rooms
Mains water and electricity
A Georgian farmhouse with secondary accommodation, land and equestrian facilities.
Snelsmore Farmhouse is a beautiful, period and substantial house of over 5,000 sq. ft (including the annexe). The property is believed to date from the Georgian period and has the wonderful feel of a classic period property with good ceiling heights and natural light. The reception rooms are of good scale and the accommodation throughout is well proportioned. The reception rooms allow a real flexibility as to how they could be used whilst the large kitchen / breakfast room is the very heart of the house. Many of the bedrooms are double aspect, with views onto the surrounding pretty gardens and countryside beyond.
Everything here is about scale, with gardens & land of circa 13.3 acres. The gardens are mostly laid to lawn, interspersed with established flowerbeds. There is also extensive equestrian facilities.
• Snelsmore Farmhouse is well-placed for excellent access to both the A34 & M4 and the road network beyond, as well as Newbury Station.
• There are a number of excellent schools in the area, both independent and state, which are easy to reach from Snelsmore Farmhouse, including Brockhurst & Marlston House, Elstree, Down House, Bradfield, Cheam, Thorngrove, Horris Hill, St Gabriels, Radley & Stowe.
• The property is of a classic Georgian style and has a number of good reception rooms with excellent natural light and good ceiling heights.
• Snelsmore Farmhouse has a wonderful kitchen / breakfast room, which is very much at the core of the property.
• There is a superb master bedroom suite; with a good size dressing room. There is also a cellar
• In addition, there is a self-contained one bedroom annexe which features a fabulous bedroom with a vaulted ceiling.
• The property sits well in its land. It is approached by a private drive.
• In all, there is 13.31 acres of land including post and railed paddocks
• Within one of the paddocks is a pretty pond.
• The property has extensive equestrian facilities, There is an good sized American Barn containing 8 stables; the barn has excellent potential for other uses such as classic car storage or as a party barn, to name but a few.
• In addition to this, there is also a Ménage.
Situated a short distance to the north of Newbury, Snelsmore offers country living at its finest. Set on the edge of the magnificent Berkshire Downs, it’s an idyllic spot with inexhaustible options for lovers of the outdoors. Newbury, with its large open market square and famous castle ruins, is a bustling market town is suffused in history. But what you might not know is that Newbury is home to a fresh and energetic vibe, stoked by some great independent shopping, a sparkling array of dining options and a thriving café culture. If that wasn’t enough, Snelsmore is within very easy access to some outstanding schools, great leisure facilities and abundant footpaths. With both Reading and Oxford within striking distance, Snelsmore is very well-connected to some of London’s fastest rail-links and is well positioned for both the M4 and A34.
Download our PDF brochure for more information about this property and use our 360 VR tour exprience
Discover more about a property
or arrange a viewing
Request a free property evaluation
from The Country House Department