Oxfordshire, OX18 2PU
5 to 7 Bedrooms
3 to 5 Bathrooms
3 to 4 Reception Rooms
Mains water, electricity and drainage
Demonstrating contemporary and traditional living at its finest. The owner has a real design flair and an eye for detail, the result being a home that has a compelling mix of light, modern spaces yet cleverly retains much of the period charm and character.
Stoneycroft has not only been beautifully designed, demonstrating contemporary and traditional living at its finest, but also offers light, space and height in abundance; The result is a superb family home that has been finished with remarkable attention to detail and designed perfectly for modern family living.
Located on the edge of the village, the house has been significantly extended and improved over recent years by the owners. On arrival, there is immediately a sense of the quality of craftsmanship. The accommodation throughout is generous and the numerous reception rooms allow a real flexibility as to how they could be used.
There are a number of key highlights to living at this wonderful property. The main ones are:
• The owner has a real design flair and an eye for detail, the result being a home that very much has a compelling mix of light, modern spaces yet cleverly retains much of the period charm and character.
• Since the property was purchased by the owner in 2010, it has undergone a great deal of work that includes alterations and renovations to the main house, a substantial extension to the rear, a beautifully designed coach house style annexe and and the most exquisite gardens to name just a few.
• A beautifully appointed kitchen/breakfast room was installed by the owner and is not only a superb space for those who are keen on cooking but it offers a perfect space to dine and entertain.
• The five bedroom, three bath/shower rooms, arranged over the ground, first and second floors in the the main house, makes for comfortable family living.
• The gardens are simply beautiful, partly laid to lawn it is interspersed with a variety of trees and shrubs as well as well-established flower beds which are full of colour throughout the summer months.
• There is the most spectacular annexe which comprises a beautifully designed kitchen, sitting room and two bedrooms, both of which are en-suite. The large glaze areas allow for a huge amount of natural light.
• A gravel driveway provides parking for a number of cars
Alvescot is an incredibly attractive village with its thriving community which supports a church, a village hall with recreation ground and tennis court, and the ever popular pub, The Plough Inn.
The ancient market town of Bampton lies just south of the Cotswolds. Until about 1850, it stood in the centre of a large area of common land, hence its previous name of 'Bampton in the Bush'.
Bampton is sometimes described as a town, because it used to be a market town until the 19th century. It is now officially designated a village but has both Town and Village Halls.
Located in the Thames Valley 4.5 miles south west of Witney and 6 miles from the well known Cotswold market town of Burford. The town has many pleasant 17th and 18th century houses a few inns and useful stores. Bampton is one of the oldest towns in England.
The larger, and more widely known Burford is only 6 miles north. The famous High Street sweeps downhill towards the River Windrush, its medieval bridge and its impressive church. Both sides of the street are flanked by an unbroken line of historic houses and shops.
With little having changed over the centuries, Burford is popular with visitors, both for its beauty and history but also for its shopping and wide variety of places to eat, with a number of restaurants, pubs and teashops.
Burford is equidistant between the popular towns of Cheltenham and Oxford, both offering extensive shopping, dining options, pubs and facilities.
There are a number of state and private schools in the area, most notably; St Hugh’s and Pinewood to name just two. Road communications are fantastic to the A40 which in turn provides access the M40 to London, and the M5 to the west.
Download our PDF brochure for more information about this property and use our 360 VR tour exprience
Discover more about a property
or arrange a viewing
Request a free property evaluation
from The Country House Department