Westcourt Farm, Rivar Road
Shalbourne, SN8 3QE
4 Reception Rooms
The perfect village house with good ceiling height throughout, land, secondary accommodation, outbuildings, barn, lapsed consent for a tennis court and a pool.
Westcourt Farm is believed to date from 1316 and is a beautiful property of over 4,600 sq. ft. (plus the annexe & party barn) is privately set but only a short stroll from the heart of the highly popular village of Shalbourne. In addition to the accommodation and ancillary, it has extensive land, a swimming pool and a large agricultural barn The property has been extensively improved and renovated over the years and is now a compelling mix of fresh, light and modern spaces, yet the house retains a clear relationship to the agricultural history of the area. The accommodation throughout is generous and the numerous reception rooms allow a real flexibility as to how they could be used.
• Westcourt Farm is privately set close to the heart of Shalbourne, which is a thriving small village, close to the Wiltshire / Berkshire border, set in a Area of Outstanding Beauty and part of the North Wessex Downs. It is a very active village that boasts a popular primary school, a pub, The Plough, an award wining Post Office & store, Cricket Club & Sports Field as well as a c12th church and a village hall.
• The nearby village of Ham also has an excellent pub, The Crown & Anchor, as well as a church. The popular market town of Hungerford is under four miles away and the location of the property is also well placed for Andover, Newbury and London.
• Westcourt Farm is set over three floors and has well-proportioned reception rooms. However, the heart of the house is the large kitchen with its Aga and breakfast room that links the property to the outbuilding. It also benefits from a cellar.
• The property is believed to date from 1316 and has extensive history which the vendor has extensive records of and is available by separate request.
• Of note, the property benefits from a significant solar panel system (137 panels with 2 invertors) set on the agricultural barn roof, with income guaranteed for a number of future years
Download our PDF brochure for more information about this property and use our 360 VR tour exprience
Discover more about a property
or arrange a viewing
Request a free property evaluation
from The Country House Department